We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers. This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us.
What personal data do we collect and when?
We collect the following information about you:
Name, billing/delivery address, purchase information, email, contact number, interactions with us (e.g. emailing us), IP address, information from cookies and clothing size.
We collect the information in the following circumstances:
- When you contact us e.g. by telephone or email
- When you buy products on our website
- When you create an account on our website
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- To enable us to personalise your shopping experience on our site.
- To allow us to handle your orders, deliver products and process your payments and refunds (including to ensure secure payment and prevent fraud).
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints.
- To keep a record of when and why you contact us and to keep your contact details up-to-date.
- For statistical or analytical purposes – so we can improve our website
- To enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other business functions on our behalf
Why are we allowed to handle and store your personal data?
There are number of legal bases which allow us to use your personal data. The following sets out more detailed explanations of the bases we rely on to collect and process your personal data:
- Consent – Where we are using your personal information based on your express consent to this, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To withdraw your consent please contact us at email@example.com
- Contractual obligations – Our primary use of this basis is when you purchase our products. In this situation it is necessary for us to process your personal data in order to fulfill your order and send your goods to you.
- Legal compliance – In some circumstances, we may be legally required to collect and process your data e.g. to pass it on to the police if criminal activity is suspected.
- Legitimate Interests – This means the interests of Aitchison Studio Ltd in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Party’s such as delivery partners.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that period, your data will either be deleted or anonymised.
In some circumstances, exceptions may apply e.g. the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner
Who else sees your personal data?
Sometimes we will share your personal data with trusted third parties. We will do this in the following circumstances:
- To process your order e.g. with delivery providers, or with our third party payment service provider PayPal
- To handle complaints
- To detect any fraudulent activity, or assist law enforcement authorities
- To help us offer you a more personalised shopping experience by sending you offers and updates
When we share information with third parties, we will ensure that:
- We only provide the data they need to perform their specific function
- They only use the data provided as intended
- They have measures in place to protect your data
What rights do you have over the data we store?
- You have the right to correct any information we store which might be incorrect, incomplete, or out of date. You can do this yourself by logging into your account, or by contacting us. You can contact us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The right to request deletion of the data we hold about you, in certain circumstances; for example, when you withdraw consent and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end
This notice is designed to help you understand what cookies are, how www.aitchison.studio uses them and the choices you have regarding their use.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device when you visit the Site, this allows the Site to recognise you as a user either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits ( a ‘persistent cookie’). They are not harmful and do not contain any information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
The cookies we use fall into four broad types:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as setting up an account cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
In order to keep the Site, its services and products relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our Site. For example, we can see which parts of the Site and products are most popular, identify when errors occur, and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised which means we can’t identify you personally. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the internet, but do help with serving advertising.
- They enable you to transact whilst other non-essential cookies enable us to give you and enhanced, personalised web experience and determine relevant products to show you.
- To personalise and improve your customer experience.
- To allow you to securely sign in to your Aitchison Account, so that you can use “My Account” features such as viewing your order history and changing contact information.
- To recognise the device that you are using.
- To store the content of your online shopping bag whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
- To record the areas of the Site that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased.
Cookies are an essential part of how our Site works, as they remember certain information about a visitor.
Aitchison uses its own 1st party cookies these are placed there and used solely by us. We also make use of Third-Party cookies that are placed there by the third parties we work with, these cookies are listed below.
Can I turn off cookies?
To change your cookie settings, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer hard drive.
For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the “Help” tab of your browser via the menu bar. For further information on non-essential cookies used for targeting and banner advertising please see below.
Details of our Third Party Cookies
For details of the Third Party cookies we use please see the table below. Aitchison is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of Third Parties or other websites, and we advise that you check these yourself.
The following Cookies are all used for Analytical and Targeting purposes.
|Google Tag Manager|
Changes to this Privacy and Cookies Notice
We may make changes to this Notice from time to time. Any changes we make will be posted on this page.